Policies and Ofsted
In our most recent Ofsted Inspection (January 2017) Park Hill was judged to be a good school.
"Park Hill is a welcoming and happy school where pupils thrive." Ofsted report 2017
Click here for a link to the School and College Performance Tables Service
Click on this link to see 2016 End of Key Stage 2 Results
Please click on the links below to access key policies and information.
Equality Information – Annual Report
Who comes to our school? Equality information is provided below.
A summary of our equality objectives is provided below. The complete document is also available, and can be downloaded by clicking on the link to the left of the page.
The key areas that we address are as follows:
- Who Comes to Our School?
We document and analyse our school population by groups, which we have a statutory obligation to plan services for. As a school, our main function is to provide good access to educational opportunities and help/support our pupils to do well at school. We also ensure our procedures and practices do not disadvantage anyone in our school.
- Advance equality of opportunity between those who share a protected characteristic and those who do not
Our main priority is to provide equal opportunities to access education according to individual needs, and to promote achievement and attainment for everyone who comes to our school. Ongoing analysis of our data informs our planning.
- Foster good relations between those who share a protected characteristic and those who do not
We want our school community to be a welcoming and comfortable environment for all who come here. We work to foster an open environment where people feel they are being treated with dignity and respect.
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation (as defined by Equalities Act 2010)
- Participation, engagement and satisfaction with our equalities practices
We continue to involve all those at school in developing our equality practices.
The objectives which we identify represent our school’s priorities and are the outcomes of careful review and analysis of data and other evidence. They also take into account national and local priorities and issues.
We evaluate our success in meeting the Public Service Equality Duties by the extent to which we achieve improved outcomes for the different groups.
Our Equality Objectives for 2015 - 2016 are:
- Raise attainment and accelerate progress with a focus on:
- Maths: planning and assessment; cross curricular opportunities
- Writing: focus on spelling and grammar; handwriting; application of skills
- Develop strategies to support all learners, particularly vulnerable learners and their families with a focus on pupil voice
Our Improvement Plan demonstrates how we will achieve our objectives.
Monitoring and Reviewing Objectives:
We review and update our equality objectives every year and report annually to the Governing Body on progress towards achieving them. We involve and consult staff, pupils, governors, parents and carers as appropriate throughout the year.
Roles and Responsibilities:
We expect all members of the school community and visitors to support our commitment to promoting equalities and meeting the requirements of the Equality Act.