The 'Rag Bag' recycling scheme has been developed to provide regular fundraising for schools, clubs, nurseries and various organisations UK Wide.
The scheme increases awareness about textile recycling and by increasing recycling rates we can help the environment by ensuring less material goes to landfill.
The scheme is completely FREE, and our school will be paid for every kg recycled. We could raise hundreds of pounds with every collection made!
What they will collect
- All men's, ladies and children's clothing
- Paired Shoes (tied together)
- Handbags, bags, ties & belts
- Household linen & towels
What they won't collect
- Duvets both synthetic and feathered
- Pillows & cushions
- Carpets & Rugs
- Soiled or wet clothing
- Uniforms & workwear
- Shredded or mutilated textile material
- Textile off cuts, yarns or threaded material
Look out for the recycling bin, next to the octagon in the playground.
You can find further information about the scheme, on the Rag Bag website at www.rag-bag.co.uk
** Update **
To date we have raised £264.80 for our PTA. A big thank you to everyone who donated.